Sunday 26 March 2023 (’02) • 5thSUNofLENT: A
- Read 37:1-14!TheValley-of-Bones that stood-again in TheBreath! But will this interest those who bring ‘Death-to-TheLiving’, rather than ‘Life-to-TheDead’?
- ‘TheGrave!’. The situation of being in religio-political exile in Babylon!
- ‘I-am” ‘Yahweh’ is the one who brings ThePeople out of every Exile!
- In which 5Respects are WesternChristians ‘in exile’, & ‘in the grave’?
- How did Patricius’ ‘exile’ in Ireland bring him to fuller realisation?
- Which modern Irish Literature/Drama explores our exile from ‘soul’s-truth’?
- ‘MySpirit”· Which DivineBreaths (other than Yahweh’s) are inhabiting TheIrish?
2. THE PSALM 129 1-8
- Another very beloved biblical song’ even in Latin! What’s the empathy?
- AttentionForgivenessArrivalMercyRedemption’ • How important are these ‘attributes’ (credited to a divinity 2500years ago), in our own cynical&ironic society?
- ‘TheDepths” In what ways is TheUnderworld, TheWorld-of-Death, significant now?
- &What 20 Situations would I sum up as my experience of ‘TheDepths’?
- ‘Redemption”· Variously individual&collective, political&juridical&spiritual’
- How does Patricius in ‘TheConfessio’ mirror the sentiments of this psalm?
- ‘Soul!’· More elusive & more neglected & more needed than ever, is she not?
3 ROM8 8-11
- Am I struck in this, once again, by Paul’s strange&wayward ‘line-of-argument’?
- ‘Spirit” My understanding&experience of this? &Its links with my actual ‘breath’?
- ‘Spiritual&Unspiritual” How helpful or useful to english speakers is this terminology?
- What are the indications that ‘TheBreath-of-God/Christ’ is ‘in me’, or anyone else?
- Why is there apparently a negative prejudice about ‘Body’ in this extract?
4 JNll.1-45 (What sense, offering a ‘shorter form’ of a great story?)
- What can I glimpse here, of the ‘intimate relations’ between Jesus&The3Siblings?
- What character-differences can I glimpse between Martha&Mary? (Cf LK10:38ff)
- How do I take the unusual emphasis in this story on Jesus’ ‘Feelings&Susceptibilities’?
- ‘If You had been here” Is Jesus’ Absence actually a blessing, if strongly-worked-with?
- The presence&action of the BlessedOne, is it like this?
PATRICIUS HIS SHOUTS OF GRACE Yes! TheYouth imprisoned in Egypt'sDryWell! Yes! TheSlave tested in TheDesert! Great-the-Fruit' Yes! TheLover'sEmbrace in prayer of Day&Night! Yes! TheFriend, Hawk-in-Chariot, Salmon-in-Curragh! Yes! TheMaster, steadied the novice in contrary winds! Yes! TheGrace TheUnsurpassed, to preach to TheIrish! Yes! TheSower Seed &Ground, &Lord-of-TheHarvest! Yes! TheGreenness of Body&Soul, the many years! Yes! TheValley-of-DryBones filled with Breath!
6. RIDDLE Which ‘Patrick-for-Now’?
TheExile who mined-his-hardship for a PreciousGold?
TheBreathFi1led who learned how to CallBackTheDead?
Refections and comments can be emailed to email@example.com