Sunday 27thJune 2021 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time : B (’00)
- WIS1: 13-15; 23-24
- Read1:1-3:19! Threatening&reassuring&selfconfident mindset of TheScribes!
- The Origin&andNature&Purpose of ‘death’ in general? & especially my-own!
- What if I compare the worldview represented in this excerpt (and derived from Gen 1-3) with the scientific worldview of contemporary Biology & Cosmology?
- The Devil’s Envy! How to express this inscrutable factor in modern language?
- How to discern ‘TheDevil’sPartners’ (Remembering The SalemTrials 1692)?
- Sure, give-up on Satan&Co! But how to deal with what’s called ‘evil’?
- Sure, insist on ‘Satan’sReality’! but how to separate-out trolls and bogeymen?
- How does the writer ‘know’ that ‘man’ was made imperishable?
- THE PSALM : 29:2, 4-6, 11-13
- Read 29(30): 1-12(13)! Poignant evocation of life’s fragility & Yahweh’s fidelity!
- ‘TheDead/TheGrave!’ She’ol, the underworld abode of those who’ve died!
- Situations of DangerIllnessIsolationLoss could be termed TheDead or ‘She’ol!’
- From my experience of dealing with ‘Yahweh,’ is this psalm ‘wishful thinking?’
- Another reminder that, biblically, ‘Name’ means something like ‘Power!
3 2COR8.7, 9, 13-15
- Read 8:1-24! Exploration&recommendation of ‘generosity!’
- How are the poor in my local church being identified and supported?
- What excuses are Irish Christians making, so as to avoid the ‘work of mercy?’
- Read Exodus16! ‘Heaven’sGenerosity’ with ‘meat&bread!’ But, is there a catch?
- To what extent is my Community strenuously inculcated in interdependence, and the various recriprocities in giving&receiving ‘Heaven’sGifts?’
- In what sense has ‘TheLordJesus made me rich out of HisPoverty?
- What are the 7PreciousResources I’m being encouraged to be generous with?
- Why does MK insert one ‘12year’ story within another ‘12year’ story?
- ‘Faith!’ Courageous readiness to embrace&deploy ThePower-of Jesus?
- How and where can I learn this sort of ‘faith?’ Am I encouraged? Do I dare?
- What ‘interpretations’ have I been given for these nested stories?
- To what extent is ‘fear’ still part of the stock-in-trade of myChurch?
- What’s inhibiting me from pushing near to Jesus, to imbibe His’Power?’
- Or do I still think this is something ‘churchy&holy&fuddyduddy?’
- What if His’Power’ is unavailable, until someone burns-with-faith?
5 The presence&action of the BlessedOne, is it like this?
‘Sir! What is the greatest obstacle to faith?’ ‘Friend! Fear is the greatest obstacle to faith!’
‘& what is fear, Sir?’ ‘Friend! The inability to love, that is fear!’ ‘Sir! Tell me this! Why do I still fear, even though I love?’ ‘Friend! Either the love, or the fear, is not real!’ ‘But how will I know?’
‘Whichever you would hold-with, even unto the embrace of death, that is real!’ ‘Oi-veh, Sir! If my fear is of-death, how then will I hold-with love?’ ‘Choose Friend! Since you must die anyway, seek to die to-fear! & Embrace faith-in-love!’ ‘But, Sir!…’ Remember Friend, love and fear will never flourish on the same tree!!’
6. Riddle : Which ‘faith’ in sooth? ObeyTheScribe, LearnTheRhetoric, or BurnWithhisPower?
Refections and comments can be emailed to email@example.com