23 Jan2022(2001) 3rd SUN in ORDINARY: C
- Read 8:1-12! Ceremonial public listening to TheLaw! including a ministry of hermeneutic! leading into a celebration of The-Festival-of-Sukkoth!
- Does any such sustained reading of TheBible occur in my local church?
- Is there a danger that the current pick ‘n’ mix approach is undermining TheBible?
- As well as the pretence that large tracts of it are ‘covered’ in ‘TheLiturgy’!
- Do we need a ritual of ‘Sustained-Reading-of-Total-BibleBooks’?
- Not least to counter the practically-overwhelming impact of TV&TheMassMedia!
- What about the strong link in this extract, ‘The sharing of “food” with TheNeedy’?
2. THE PSALM 18:8-10,15
- Read 18(19):1-14! TheSpeaking-of-CelestialTime&Space! &TheAthleteTheSun! with a Song-of-Yahweh’sLaw itsRightnessClarityTruth! & Prayer-of-Fulfilment!
- What if the real Law-of-Yahweh is Earth’s billions of PoorHungryIgnorantLost?
- Is the rhetoric of ‘justice’ only a figleaf for the Churchs’Negligence in this matter?
- Sure, Yahweh’sWords are ‘breath’, but Breath-for-what’ Humns? Homilies?
- Why are sentimental ‘YahwehSongs’ so popular both in Liturgy¶rliturgy?
- How convincing&thorough&accurate is his account of ‘the human body’?
- How does it resonate, say, with evolutionary biology&anatomy?
- Has he male or female in mind? &What about the many ‘inner organs’?
- ‘Tongues’? What about crucial ‘gifts’ like ChristianMother, Healer-of-AllConflict, SpeakerOfTheSigns-of-TheTimes, Flailer-of-TheOtherGods, Critic-of-TheTemple…
- so, what is a modern local church needs to declare a whole new range of ‘gifts’?
4. LK1:1-4; 4:14-21
- Read 4:1-44! TheUnfolding-in-Power of HisBaptismal-HolyBreath!
- Why is the important 4:16-30 split between two SundayEucharists?
- ‘TheBreath-of-Yahweh!’. This ‘anointment’ is more subversive than Hymnsinging!
- Read 61:1-11! Listen carefully to the faith-expectation of a true-yahwist!
- How harmless, or how dangerous, would such a one be, in one’s ownCommunity?
- Did Jesus intend to incite the violent reaction that ensued?
- Insofar as he delivered a ‘homily’, what if all ‘homilies’ were as provocative?
5. The presence&action of TheBlessedOne, is it like this?
‘TheMan-from-Nazareth…’ ThePractisingSceptic’s tone was appropriately irenic!
‘I’m always puzzled at the vehemence of the reaction He seemed to provoke in His religious contemporaries.’ ‘Quite simple really…’. TheOfficialBeliever felt this was home-ground, &that the points could be easily chalked-up! ‘All part of the DivineSalvificForeknowledge & UngainsayableDispensation!’ ‘You’re saying those enraged worshippers in the NazarethSynagogue were mere pawns in some divine &ecclesial arr…’ ‘How dare you presume to…’ ‘I’ll tell you! Jesus claimed to be anointed by Yahweh’sBreath….’ ‘So He was, as TheWordIncarn….’ &Wouldn’t you think they’d welcome&embrace such a Messiah…? ‘Their unChristian minds were darkened! God blinded&deafened them, so that…’ ‘With your own unJewish mind, are you serious…? ‘Look, I sp;eak with&from Authority, ThePillar&Ground-of-Truth! You merely prattle rationalisms! Need anything further be said by either of us?’
RIDDLE TheHolyBreath! Which? TalkAbout, Suppress, Dissapate, Cultivate?
Refections and comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org