SUN17APR2022 (2001): EASTER SUNDAY: MASS OF THE DAY
1. AA10:34, 37-43
- Read 10:1-48! TheLeaderOfTheTwelve takes an exemplary initiative!
- Peter’s KerygmaHomilyApologia!
What would most impress a potential ‘convert’
What would be questionable, or based on little or no ‘evidence’?
That ‘eating&drinking’. Where do I also experience such ‘intimacy’?
Isn’t Peter very restrained about ‘blaming’ anyone for what happened?
2. THE PSALM 117:1-2, 16-17, 22-23 (A pitiable shred! &For Easter too!)
- Read 117(118):1-29! TheShout-with-Others of one-rescued-by-Yahweh!
- What 20Favours should my local church be grateful to ‘Yahweh’ for?
- In what ways is ‘Yahweh’sLove-Love-for-Us’ different from that of TheOtherGods?
- Read 2:8-3:17! What niche is there in me, for this ‘esoteric worldview’, along with AddictionObsessionTVMoneyKeepingFitParanoiaEroticismStressNarcissismPassiveEntertainmentHobbiesAvoidanceDebtsGuiltAmbitionRegret(wow!)?
4. 1COR 6-8
- Read 5:1-13! Why is Paul so insistently ‘puritanical’ in this regard?
- To what extent have the IrishChristianChurches refused to address the rampant exploitation of the sexual susceptibilities especially of adolescents?
- Read 20:1-18! Who ‘saw’ what? &With what ‘affect’?
- If my local church is ‘TheBodyOfTheLord’, what are the incontrovertible signs?
- How is the ‘StruggleOfTwoDisciples’ mirrored in my local church?
- How do I explain to enquirers, Jesus’ ‘RisingFromTheDead’?
6. The presence&action of the BlessedOne, is it like this?
‘Something I’ve always been curious about..’ ThePractisingSkeptic invariably began tentatively!’How Peter & the other disciple didn’t see the angels that Mary saw only minutes earlier! TheOfficialBeliever nodded sagely with pursed lips & a glance at fingernails, ‘You’re actually asserting this, that the sacred writer only divulges a fragment of what obtained then&there! &only those aspects of immediate concern to catechesis&faith! Other latent truths are only gradually brought into the light by ‘The Magisterium, &those competent periti who offer TheAuthenticTeachers the fruits of their labour…’ ‘all that sounds too neat! &Avoids the issue…’ ‘No issue is avoided by Christ’sChurchOnEarth!’ ‘For instance! Were there two alleged tombs? Were two different legends woven together? Was it necessary to rehabilitate…’ ‘ When will you realise how shallow&fatuous all that is! Not to mention the soupcon of blasphemy! The inspired narrative offers a rich exposé of the simple faith of those early disciples! adequate&inerrant&truthful! Sour-grapes criticism will never subvert God’sWord proclaiming TheResurrection! That’s the long & the short of it!’ ‘But how can you sit there, &trot out…’ ‘ It’s your freethinkers who’ve trotted out of TheTrueChurch! Simple as that! But I’ve not ceased to storm Heaven for you! Like the other disciple, lookAgain! &Peter will finally confirm your faith!!’
- RIDDLE ‘TheEasterRising! Yes, but which one? 1916? TheSap-in-Nature?
Irish Moral Standards? Tempers in CertainDisputes?
Refections and comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org