Sunday 4th April 2021 (’00) Easter Day of the Lord’s Resurrection: B
1. AA10.34, 37-43
- Read 10: 1-48! TheVoice&Cornelius&Peter! &How It entered each man!
- What is ‘TheHolyBreath?’ &Why is it associated with ‘HearingTheWord?’
- Why do we generally call this Agency ‘TheSpirit’ rather than ‘TheBreath?’
- How did the dying of the last ‘witness-to Him’ affect the ‘preaching-about-Him?’
- Where in my community are important public leaders evangelised in their home?
- In language-of-today, what was Cornelius looking-for, and Peter-offering?
2. THE PSALM 117:1-2, 16-17, 22-23
- Read 117(118): !-29 Song of one rescued in dire straits by Yahweh’s intervention!
- Why am I given such a manicured nosegay of verses? For apologetics? Or piety?
- In view of Christians’ claims, and appropriation of their Bible, how do contemporary Jews
- Understand & sing about ‘Yahweh,’ ‘His love has no-end!’?
- ‘CornerStone!’: The large stone that is placed where two walls meet, to bind them!
- Who or what functions as ‘cornerstone’ for myCommunity?
- What are the 5PrincipalWays in which ‘Yahweh is good’ in my world?
- What are the 3ChiefDifferences between ‘HeavenlyThings’ & ‘EarthlyThings?
- In order of importance for me, what are ‘The 3 Heavenly,’ & The 3 ‘Earthly Things?’
- This, ‘hidden-true-life-with-Christ,’ what assures me that I actually have it?
- Can he presuppose knowledge of JewishFestivals&Customs in his Greek readers?
- How do I symbolically at Easter shed the old&rotten&clinging bits of my religion?
- How is sincerity&truth being modelled&inculcated in IrishSociety
5. John 20: 1-9
- Read 20: 1-31! Various facets of the struggle of TheChristianChurch!
- Especially, how to value different ‘Seeings’ & ‘Embidyings’ of TheLordJesus?
- Why is ‘TheEmptyTomb’ so important in the early narrations-of- faith?
- How do ‘cloths in an empty tomb’ suggest or underpin faith in His’Rising?’
- Why is Magdalene’s hypothesis of a ‘stolen body’ not directly explored?
- ’RiseFromTheDead!’ In 20 words, what is my Understanding&Experience of this?
6. The presence & action of the BlessedOne, is it like this?
TheOfficialBeliever & ThePractisingSceptic met by arrangement on Easter Sunday night for drinks,& a chat! ‘An’ no argy-bargy now!, said TheOfficialBeliever! ‘No argy-bargy!’, dutifully answered the other… Punctually they arrived at the hotel, exchanged greetings, ordered drinks. ‘Well now,’ sighed TheOfficialBeliever, ‘that’s that for another year!’ ‘That’s what?’ ‘The rounds of HolyWeek, people&things to be remembered.’ ‘Was there anything spiritual in it this year?’‘The usual celebrating ThePaschalMystery, ThePilgrimage of ThePeople of God…’ ‘But, over & above what you call the-usual?’ What else is there? What I said, that’s it!’‘Ok! Sip that there while I say what I mean! This year I looked carefully at the sky, at the earth around me, at the earth beyond the horizon, at my total self past&present&future, at science&religion&literature, at you & your world view…’ ‘And…’ ‘And I said, great! Not only order but design! Not only design but beauty! Not only beauty but potential of freedom-for-all!’ great great great!’
7. Riddle: TheResurrection! OldBody? NewBody? Or Yahweh-at-large?
Refections and comments can be emailed to email@example.com